Monday 24 June 2013

Soap and Glory - Clean on me Review



According to Soap & Glory’s website,
Soft, smooth, sexy skin whenever you want it. Contains natural mandarin peel extract and a bonus built-in body lotion. Scented with our Original Pink fragrance.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE

Apply a handful to damp skin, rub it into a thick, luxurious lather, and then rinse thoroughly.
Available at  BOOTS
My experience:
I bought the Soap & Glory Kit for Christmas 2012 when I went into Boots (around €30). This body wash is a part of the kit. The price is around €11/12 for the shower gel individually, it is a bit expensive. Bit too expensive in my eyes.
It’s a very girly fragrance; it has floral and fruity notes. It’s a very nice fragrance but it’s very mild in this shower gel. It doesn’t linger at all after the shower. I really don’t like this aspect, as I love it when there is some fragrance lingering around me. Of course it is possible to layer different products to intensify the fragrance but this shower gel individually doesn't retain the fragrance at all. Very disappointing especially at that price.
The consistency of the shower gel is cream like. It lathers up  well with a loofah/sponge . It is good at cleaning, just like most shower gels. It’s not drying at all.
The packaging is very attractive. It is also very travel friendly. Since this product comes in many different sizes the travel-sized bottle - its very sturdy and easy to get open and get the product out.  I sometimes find it a little difficult to take the product out of the tiny opening. But the full sized bottle comes with a pump and I am sure this problem won’t exist then.


Overall, I feel that this is just a normal shower gel. It is nothing special. Its fragrance is great but since it doesn’t linger at all, I see no advantage of the fragrance. Moreover, it is expensive and not easily available in shops, I have only seen it in Boots.
Why you’ll like it:
  •     Nice fragrance.
  •     Cute packaging
  •     Lathers well.
  •     Cleans well.   
  •     Not drying.

Why you’ll dislike it:
  •    Expensive.
  •    Availability.
  •    Scent doesn’t linger at all.

To buy or not to buy?
Not buy.
My rating:
7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment