Saturday 2 March 2013

How to - Become Healthy




I have recently started to eat healthier and develop a healthier lifestyle in general. I'm not a doctor so these are just things that have been working for me over the last 2 months or so. The reason that I decided to change my eating habits and exersise more was I smoked for about 6 years of my life (social smoker) I quit in August 2012 and I have been off them ever since. I thought when I smoked that it was the reason I felt bad and not up to doing anything but my diet at the time was also terrible, revolving around pizzas etc. When I quit smoking I noticed that I didnt feel much better in myself, so one day I said lets go for it. I started small by adding food to my diet that I already liked which was better overall and less fattening, in place of foods that gave now health benefit at all . I thought this was the best way for me to end up eating healthy all the time. So thats my story now let me try help you.


Start off small

I brought some fruit into my diet for the first few weeks or so, this just helped me enjoy the taste more and more. After a few weeks, take one thing out of your diet like instead of coke drink orange juice, this worked so well for me, you just feel great that you have not strayed back to your old habits.


Exersice

I started to walk every day, I hated it at first but after a week or so you begin to enjoy the feeling of being out and about and seeing the world go by. I slowly began to jog and noticed I became faster and faster and eventully started to run. I still have a long way to go before I can run my whole route, I walk some and jog/run the rest. This helps as you regain your strength and energy when walking.



Foods I eat

  • Bananas
  • Kiwis
  • Apples
  • Oranges
  • Tomotes
  • Salads
  • Tuna
  • Salmon
  • Lettue
  • Green Tea
  • Smooties
  • Blueberries
  • Sushi
  • Blackberries
  • Juices
  • Cucumber
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Mutli-Grain Bars
  • Rice Cakes


Sticking With It


My trick to sticking with my diet is to give myself a "funday" this is a day where you eat and drink what you like(within reason), this keeps me from eating junk during the week as I can say I will have that on my "funday" this is great as you have control over your food all week long until that day

 

No comments:

Post a Comment